When your boiler reaches the end of its cycle, there may be several obvious faults with your old boiler which means you require new boiler installation. The signs you need a new boiler are often obvious and can be noticed before your boiler completely shuts down, allowing you to prepare for a new energy-efficient boiler to be installed.
These are some of the most obvious signs you need a new boiler:
- Radiators take longer to heat up – If your home heating is taking longer than normal to kick in, your boiler may not be running efficiently. This is a common sign of a faulty boiler.
- Your boiler is producing a bad smell – A healthy boiler should never emit any unpleasant odours so if your boiler is producing bad smells you should contact a professional engineer (us) immediately.
- Your boiler is making funny noises – Your boiler is designed to produce noise when booting up, a low, contact humming sound. If you hear any noises other than this such as banging, clunking and screeching, your boiler may be breaking down.
- Boiler randomly switches off – If your boiler has recently started shutting off for no reason, it may be trying to tell you that there is a fault. Don’t ignore its warning and call us out to inspect it as soon as possible.
- Your energy bills are going up – If your energy bills are increasing faster than the standard rate, it may be a sign of an inefficient boiler. If your boiler is costing more to run, it may be time to get a new boiler installed.
- Your boiler is old – On average, boilers are designed to last between 10-15 years. If your boiler is at the tail end of this time frame, it may be a sign you need a new boiler.